Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thomas was known as the doubter. He had to see to believe that it was Jesus. Did you ever believe without seeing? What did you feel like? What helped you have faith in Jesus?

42 comments:

  1. Yes I believe without seeing. I believed without seeing because of everything that I have heard. I have faith and trust in Jesus so it makes me believe even more. I felt like I knew Jesus even more because I am able to believe in him without seeing him. Going to church and praying helped me to have faith in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe without seeing because I believe in Jesus and I have never seen Him. When I believe without seeing it feels a little weird but I have a feeling that makes me know that I am doing the right thing. Trust helps me believe in Jesus. I trust that Jesus will always be there for me and will help me make the right choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have believed without seeing. For example, when I was younger, I read the story of Jesus walking on water. I believed every word contained in the Bible and felt so amazed at the fantastic event that I had just read about. However, I was also confused about how someone could possess the power to walk on water, as if it were land. Furthermore, I feel this story pushed me to try bigger and better activities, such as dance and gymnastics, because it showed me that anything is possible. In addition, I think that the fact that I lived within a Catholic home and attended a Catholic school helped me have faith in Jesus. My whole life I have learned about all of the wonderful things Jesus has done to help all of humanity. When I read this story I knew it was true because I love Him and in that moment, I felt His presence inside of me. In conclusion, I continue to have faith in Jesus because I can feel Him guiding me through my everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe without seeing when I pray. For example, I pray for people across the world and I know they benefit from my prayers because prayer is powerful. I felt good after this because I have helped someone else. Religion class and the readings at Mass help me have faith in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did believe that Jesus had risen from the dead without any doubt because I know that He is capable to perform unbelievable miracles. If I was the position Thomas was in I would be very surprised and happy because it is truly unbelievable. I would feel very grateful that He had risen to lead us toward Heaven. What helps me to believe in Jesus is that He is always present in my life even if He is in Heaven because He affects all of my decisions, actions, and emotions. Jesus is always in my heart. Therefore I will always have faith in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I have believed something before seeing it. I felt like I trusted in the person and that the person gained more trust in me because I believed them. What helped me have faith in Jesus is the Bible, prayers, and all of the stories that I have heard about Him. Somebody would not make up all of these stories about Him if He did not exist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One time my friend told me that he completed 10 hours of community service for school. I believed in him because I had trust in him because he usually does not lie to me. It was exciting because I knew that he did it and I did not see it. I think I had faith in knowing that he did it because I can trust him and he can trust me. truly think that the only reason that I can trust in my friend is just because I trust him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have believed without seeing many times. One time was when I was in a situation in which I had to believe that one of my friends was telling the truth even though I did not witness the situation. I was nervous since my friend was blaming Jesus for putting her in the situation when we were not sure who actually caused the problem. I knew that Jesus does everything for a reason and that He cannot be blamed since we make our lives the way they are. What helped is remembering situations where I thought as if life was not fair because of situations I was in, but I learned to overcome them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do believe without seeing sometimes. I can always trust my parents and what they tell me. I do not have to actually see what is going on. I felt comforted that I can trust someone that much, that I do not even think they are not telling the truth. I know Jesus will always tell the truth also. I feel the same way in Jesus as I do in my parents. I will never doubt Jesus because I trust Him fully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I have believed without seeing, but I have also not been able to believe without seeing just like Thomas. During those times where I have believed without seeing there is some doubt in me, but not much. I have also felt, during these situations, that the person may be lying to me and making things up, but if it is someone that I can trust I take their word for it. What helped me have faith in Jesus was that He has always been by my side and watching over me day after day. Also Jesus was faithful and loyal to those who are older to me so I believe that he will do the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have believed things without seeing them. I usually believe my friends when they tell stories, because I know they would not lie. More importantly I believe in Jesus, even though I have never actually seen Him perform a miracle. I know with all of my heart that Jesus is real and He did perform many miracles with the power of God. Many things helped me have faith in Jesus, such as the Bible, religion class, and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our whole Catholic faith is based upon believing without seeing. The leaders of our faith, such as Pope Francis, have never seen Jesus. However, because of the power of the Holy Spirit we do believe in Jesus. Sure, believing that with out seeing is hard, but what we are taught is right and true, it is very easy. The Holy Spirit is always there to help us believe. In fact, the feast of Pentecost celebrates the coming of the Holy Spirit to the apostles. The Holy Spirit then guided them to become preachers of the Good News just like God wants us to be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe without seeing every time I pray to Jesus and worship Him. I have never seen Him but I believe He is within us all. I feel content knowing that I can always turn to Jesus for help. What helps me have faith in Jesus is my teachers and elders who teach me about Jesus. Last of all when I ask Jesus for help He always will help me in some way whether its through another person or an event.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes I have believed without seeing. I felt good for believing that person and trusting them. I felt trustworthy and I could trust anyone. What helped me have faith in Jesus is the Bible because it gave me good ideas of how He cared for everyone. I truly believe He died on the cross for us to be happy and to have a great life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes I have believed without seeing. I believed that Jesus rose from the dead without ever seeing Him. I felt like I had a very strong faith for not having to see Jesus. What helped me have faith was the very many stories about Jesus. Also what I have learned in school helps me to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have believed without seeing before. A situation where this has happened was with my sister. Because I trusted her, I was confident that she was telling the truth, and I stuck to her side of the story. I felt good at the end because she turned out to be right. Because I believe in her, I was able to believe in her story without physically seeing. In a way, this has helped me have faith in Jesus. Situations like this prove that you really can believe without seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes I have believed without seeing. It felt hard to trust in the thing I was believing in but I still went through with it. The things that helped me have faith in Jesus is knowing that he will always forgive me. Also the fact that Jesus was human too and understands how its hard to trust sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes I have believed without seeing before. I still believe that Jesus is the savior of our world and saved us from our sins. I felt good that I had the strength to believe in something I have not seen. What helped me have faith in Jesus was going to Mass and hearing His teachings. Also, when I was younger my mom and I would say prayers every night before I went to bed. It helped me know that God is always with me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had to believe something that I did not see. It was hard to believe in the thing at first and I had many doubts but I still went with my gut. I feel the things that helped me have faith in Jesus was knowing that he will always forgive the mistakes we make. Also the Jesus knows what its like to be confused because he was human too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did believe because when I had my surgeries I prayed to him that it would go good. He heard my prayer and helped me get through them. I felt happy that Jesus could help me get through my surgery. How Jesus heard my prayer and helped me when I needed it. That is what helped me have faith in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, I have believed without seeing before when I was younger I did not understand the concept of a miracle and I did not think it was possible but I still believed that Jesus could perform them. What helped me have faith in Jesus was praying to Him and going to Church on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do believe without seeing. What helps me have faith in Jesus is by reading the Bible, attending Mass each Sunday, and receiving the sacraments. I feel that my relationship with Jesus becomes stronger as my faith increases. I know that Jesus is always there for me even though I cannot see him.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, I have believed without seeing before. Believing without seeing seems as though it is nothing new to our society. For example, many people believe in the gossip that they hear about others, without actually asking the person if it is true. When I believed without seeing, it felt odd. Part of me was saying that believing without seeing was normal, but the other part was saying that it was not right. When it comes to Jesus, we should always believe in Him no matter what. We should not have to see any proof if we really believe in His love and power. Believing without seeing helped me have faith in Jesus and strengthened my relationship with Him since I have gained His trust.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I believe that Jesus has risen even though I did not see it. I believe that Jesus has risen because He is the Son of God and will try to confuse us about Him. I feel perfectly fine because I know that Jesus is the all mighty and loves us so He opened the gates of Heaven for us. It is what I believe in and listen to in the Bible so that helped me have faith in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have believed in Jesus without seeing when I hear stories from the Bible such as the story of the ten lepers and the many stories of Jesus healing cripples, and deaf and blind people. When I hear these stories I feel amazed because you would not really think that a normal person could do these things. Something that helped me have faith in Jesus is my Religion teachers because they always help me to remember that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have believed without seeing many times. I felt like I was trusting the person that told me that what they told me was true. Many things helped me have faith in Jesus. For example the Bible was something that helped me have faith in Jesus because in the Bible there are stories that are believed to have happened. Another thing that helped me have faith in Jesus is praying. By praying I am able to grow deeper into my relationship with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I believe without seeing everyday. I believe without seeing because I believe in Jesus Christ. I know He is truly God even though I can not see Him. This makes me feel curious because I can not see Jesus but I believe He is truly God. The main thing that made me have faith in Jesus is going to mass every week. I learn more about Him and how He is truly one God in three divine persons.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have believed someone without seeing if it was true or not. I felt very trusting towards that person. I also felt that I was completely dependent towards that person. I think that reading the Bible helped me have faith in Jesus. I trust that the Bible is a true portrayal of the life of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have believed without seeing. It happens a lot when people tell stories. If you know the person very well it is usually easy to tell if they are lying or not. Although I have my doubts some times, I think that it is just best to trust the person. I think that all of the information and stories that have been recorded about Jesus are what help me to truly believe without seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes I have believed without seeing. I believe in a lot of things that do not require seeing to believe them. I felt like I knew what I was thinking about. I had a feeling I knew what I believed and I had trust in what I believe. Going to church and hearing the Gospel weekly and hearing more about the Gospel in Religion class.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes I have had to believe many things without seeing. It feels somewhat unsettling because there is always the slight doubt of being wrong but it usually passes. The thing that helped me believe in Jesus was the teachings I heard in school and church. The things I would learn from my teachers and priests. They always made me see how real He was and how much he loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I believe in my lifetime, I have believed without seeing. I continue to do this every time that I believe Jesus is with me. I do not physically see Jesus, but I know He is always here. It feels amazing to know that Jesus is always right beside me. I believe that Jesus Himself and everyone who teaches me about religion helps me to know Jesus is with me. I have learned about how much Jesus loves us and I know that He would never leave my side.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I had faith without seeing when my Great Grandmother died. I believed Jesus would help me through that tough time and He did respond. He helped me to understand it was just her time and made me feel a bit better knowing she was with Him in heaven. It made me feel a lot better and gave me more faith in Jesus that he was really up there looking out for me. What helped me have faith in Him was that in school teachers told me to ask him for help. I had also heard of other peoples experiences with Jesus helping them through prayer so these things made it easier to believe Jesus would really help me.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I believe without seeing everyday. Due to the fact that we never see Jesus we can only have faith in Jesus. Faith is not seeing to believe. Everyday I have faith in Jesus therefore I believe without seeing everyday. One thing that helps me have more faith in Jesus is the community that I live in. People in my community accept my faith in Jesus and help nourish my faith so it grows stronger. To believe without seeing is a hard thing to do for a few reasons. One reason being that there are people like Thomas in the world who doubt that Jesus existed and now lives with God in heaven. Another reason is the world we live in where sometimes practicing your faith is not cool and people will make fun of you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yes I have always believed in my Lord. He is my Savior and I always believe without having the need to see Him. It feels hard but if you have a strong relationship with Him then it will be easier. My faith has always been strong because I am a strong Catholic believer. My parents also push me to have faith in our Lord and be a disciple of Christ. Lastly we need to try our hardest to follow in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yes I have believed without seeing. I felt like when you have a blind fold on. By saying this I mean that you almost feel like you have a blind fold on try to sense the truth. I had faith in Jesus because when I pray I can sometimes feel his presence. Also when we learn and talk about him in class it all just seems so rel and true. The last reason is that I have been taught my whole life about Jesus and his great miracles so that gave me another reason to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I believed without seeing when I was in mass. It felt refreshing and I felt that Jesus was actually present in Church. When the Bible reading came it was amazing how Jesus did so much for us. Religion class help me have faith in Jesus and the Bible stories help me have faith in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I was raised Catholic so I have always believed in my faith and many things in our religion are based on faith. Faith is believing without seeing. I have just always felt his presence and believe he is with me .

    ReplyDelete
  39. I believed Jesus was alive without seeing him because I thought that he was performing for me and other people in the villages. What made me believe is that I knew he spread the Good News and he taught parables and miracles to people in which he had performed. I felt that Jesus was real because he helped me in tough times in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have believed with out seeing, a lot of times. It is just like my faith I believe that Jesus did one walk like I did. I just had to trust others around me to see if they were telling the truth. I had faith in Jesus because we always talk about him and read his miracles and I always love hearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yes, I have believed in Jesus for as long as I can remember. I felt like I was never alone even when I was. I went to Mass every Sunday and from then on I believed. Jesus acted as my best friend when there was nobody around.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I did and will always believe in Jesus. Even though I never saw him I still had faith in him. I felt that no matter what he will always be there for me. What helped me gain faith is attending mass every weekend and listening to what he did for us.

    ReplyDelete