Thursday, April 21, 2016

What practical steps can I take to live the life of a disciple?

40 comments:

  1. Some practical steps that I can take to live the life of a disciple are that I can pray. I can pray each day and ask Jesus for help and guidance. Also I can read the bible and learn more about Jesus. I can make sure that I go to church each Sunday. If some of my family can not make it to church I can get a ride from someone else going there. Lastly, I can teach others about Jesus just like other disciples would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To live a life as a disciple there are many steps you can take. For example, receiving the sacraments such as Baptism, Reconciliation, Holy Communion, and Confirmation. You need to receive Baptism so you can be welcomed as a child of God and enter the life of following Jesus. You need to receive Reconciliation so Jesus can forgive your sins. You also need to receive your Holy Communion so that you receive Jesus for the first time. Finally you need to receive Confirmation so you can be filled with the Holy Spirit. Another step you can take is following the Ten Commandments so you will be rewarded in heaven. You can also learn about and preform the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy and the Beatitudes. Of course there is the most common way to live a life as a disciple is by praying and going to Mass every week, which strengths and heals our relationship with God. These are just some steps you can take to live a life as a disciple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a great number of ways that I can be a disciple of Christ. I can make sacrifices for Jesus. I can do this by going to Mass instead of hanging out with friends. I can also live a prayerful life and pray everyday. I must talk to God and thank Him for all he has given me this. If I do these things I will become a disciple and live with God forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can take practical steps to be a disciple such as believing in Jesus no matter what. Someone who would be considered a disciple of Jesus would always trust him as he gave his life for us. Why would you not trust him? Another way I can be a disciple is to act like Jesus and follow his example. Jesus knew what was right and wrong so if I act as he did I can be a good person. One other way to be a disciple is to follow the commandments and rules Jesus gave us. This kind of links in with my last point but o have to stress that God and Jesus gave us these things for a reason and a true disciple would see this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are many practical steps I can take to live the life of a disciple. For instance, attending Mass instead of hanging out with friends is a good example. Most people would prefer hanging out with friends. But, if you are a true disciple you can try to rearrange plans or say you can hangout after. Another step is praying to God and praise him for everything he has done and following him even when it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A practical step that I can take to live the life of a disciple is trying to act like Jesus. I can try to always think before I act or talk. I can also try to help my parents around the house and I can try not to give them a hard time when they ask me to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that the steps that I can practically take is just to stay active with Jesus. If I still pray often and go to church each weekend, then I truly think that I can be a disciple of Jesus. Although, we would have to stay active with Jesus. With saying this, I mean that we cannot just pray and then be done for the day. Rather, we would tell Jesus about problems we are occurring and thinking of ways that we can solve them. Clearly, we would just have to stay active with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One way to start to live like a disciple is to go to mass every weekend or even during the week. When we go to church we become closer to Jesus and learn more about Him. Another way to be a disciple is to pray everyday. Jesus always hears our prayers. Having a good prayer life can lead us to a better relationship with God. The last way to be a disciple is to be kind and live as Jesus did. By this I mean to put others before yourself and be kind to those who hurt you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can take many steps to live the life of a disciple. Among these steps, are practical ones, or ones that I will be able to accomplish. The first step that I can take is to go to Mass. This step may be one of the most important. It is our job to make sure that we get to Mass to thank the Lord for everything that He has done for us. The next step that I can take is praying to God. I can pray to God in times of sadness, happiness, when I am in a stressful situation, or even when I just need someone to talk to. No matter what situation we are in, or what emotion we are feeling, God will always be there to listen. Praying to Him will strengthen the relationship that I have with Him, and may even resolve any sins that I have committed. The final step that I can take to live the life of a disciple is to be kind to everyone, as Jesus was. Following in His footsteps will allow me to become more like Him, and will allow others to learn from my ways and portray them. These three easy and simple steps will help me live the life of a disciple, and will lead me to a clear path for Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Practical steps I can take to become a disciple are completing simple tasks such as going to Mass more often. I can also pray more for others instead of praying for the things I want. Jesus is calling all of us to become disciples and I really want to try my hardest to do so. I can try to listen to Scripture more or read the Bible in my free time so I can understand the readings of the Church so I can relate to what I am hearing about Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The practical steps I can take to live the life of a disciple are going to Church, following God's laws, and pray often. By going to Church, I can listen to Jesus calling me to do the right thing. Also by going to church I can follow the footsteps of Jesus to be as loyal to God as possible. In addition, by following the commandments I will chose the right decision. When I am in a bad situation, I can follow the commandments to chose the decision that God would approve. By praying often, I can stay close to Jesus and be loyal to him. My relationship with Jesus is very important and that is the key to live my life of a disciple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. To live the life of a disciple you first need to have Christ in your life everyday. Which means prayers and also conversation through out the day. Second you have to attend at mass every week. Lastly make sure you live like an diciple by treating other how you like to be treated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are many steps for us to become disciples of Jesus and God. A few examples include praying every day and be devoted to Him. We all are called to be a disciple of the Lord. That is why God made us. He wants us all to be devoted and love him with all our hearts and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The practical steps you and I can take to live like a disciple is to follow Jesus. we can go to church every weekend. we can watch what we listen to and say. We should follow in Jesus footsteps. we should pray and help others.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some practical steps I can take to live the life of a disciple are to pray outside of school and Mass. I should pray at my house and whenever I can. Also I can go to Church on Sundays and give God my undivided attention for at least an hour. I can do kind things for other and help people if they need my assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can take practical steps to live the life of a disciple by going to church and doing more service projects. I can volunteer for soup kitchens or altar serving. I can also volunteer on youth group projects. I can help my family when they do not even ask me for their help.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can take many practical steps to live the life of a disciple. One way I can live the life of a disciple is by praying more often. By praying more often I can strengthen my relationship with Jesus. Going to Mass and receiving the Eucharist on Saturday or Sunday can also help me live the life of a disciple. By going to Mass and receiving the Eucharist can help me stay close to Jesus and keep me on the right path to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  18. First I can pray to Jesus ands that he will guide me. Also I can go to mass. Another thing I can do is help others and be kind. Finally I can share Gods word with others.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can spread the good news about God and help people bring God into there life. I can also start going to mass because I do not go that much. I could join a bible group to have a better understanding about God and Jesus. I could maybe join the quire.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becoming like a disciple can be very hard. We are very lucky because Jesus gave us an example to follow and we can all succeed if we put our hearts and mind to it. First we must always think about our actions before we speak or act. We must ask ourselves if Jesus would be proud of our behavior. We also should put others before ourselves and go out of our way to help others. Lastly, we should just remember that God sees our every move and our actions determine if we are allowed into Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A disciple is a follower of Jesus. I can take steps to be more like a disciple by learning more about Jesus. I can do this by going to Mass and listening to the scripture readings. I can also learn more about Jesus by taking time to talk to Him privately in prayer. Another step I can take to live a life of a disciple is acting the way Jesus would act. I can do this by thinking of Him and what He would have done in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some practical steps I can take to live the life of a disciple are spreading the word of god, going to mass, and praying. Other ways that I can are helping the poor and being respectful to others. Lastly I can help others have clean of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can take many different steps to live a life of a disciple. For example, I can try to go to Mass every Sunday with my family. During Mass, I can listen to the Good News and try to reflect on it. Afterwards, I could try to discuss the Gospel with my family and friends. Furthermore, I can try my hardest to give to others. For instance, if a fellow classmate is in need of a pencil, I can lend them one of mine. In addition, I can comfort those who are upset. If one of my friends is sad about issues going on at home, I can be there for them and not judge them no matter what is going on in their life. In conclusion, these are practical steps that I can take in order to live a life of a disciple.

    ReplyDelete
  24. To start I would spread Gods word to people. Second I can be a peace maker and try to help others. One more thing I can do is pray to God that he leads me down the right path. Finally I can have faith and continue to have a strong faith throughout my life.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I must take many steps to become a disciple in my everyday life. First, I must be willing to take up my cross. This means that I must make sacrifices for others, even if it is extremely hard. Next, I must ask for forgiveness and also forgive others. If I cannot forgive a person who has wronged me, I cannot ask God for forgiveness of my wrongdoings. Finally, I can become a disciple by simply praying to God. If I make an effort to pray to God every day, I will become a follower of Him.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I must take many steps to become a disciple in my everyday life. First, I must be willing to take up my cross. This means that I must make sacrifices for others, even if it is extremely hard. Next, I must ask for forgiveness and also forgive others. If I cannot forgive a person who has wronged me, I cannot ask God for forgiveness of my wrongdoings. Finally, I can become a disciple by simply praying to God. If I make an effort to pray to God every day, I will become a follower of Him.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Some steps I can take to live the life of a disciple are following the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes. I can also live the life of disciple by carrying out the Corporal and Spiritual works of Mercy and by doing what Jesus would want.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Some of the steps I can take to live the life of a disciple are going to mass. I could volunteer for service. I also could pray everyday. Another thing I can do is help those who may be injured.

    ReplyDelete
  29. One step I can take to live the life of a disciple is follow the Ten Commandments. I can also follow the Beatitudes that Jesus gave at the Sermon on the Mount. I can also try to start responding in Mass more often now that I know all of the responses. These are the steps I believe are necessary to live the life of a disciple.

    ReplyDelete
  30. There are many practical steps that can be taken to live a life of discipline. One step for example is to have respect for others. Showing respect is one way to show that you have self control. Self control is another way that you can show discipline. You can also show modesty. Modesty is very respectful. I shows that you are able to handle yourself. The final way that you can live a life of discipline is staying out of trouble. Trouble, whether it is drama or crime, causes stress which can cause you to lose discipline.

    ReplyDelete

  31. Some practical steps I can take to live the life of a disciple are as follows: attending Mass each Sunday, obeying parents, teachers and all elders, doing community service and expecting no reward, donating money or clothes to those who are less fortunate, respecting all people, being nice to the person I like the least, apologizing to those I have hurt, and forgiving others who have hurt me.

    ReplyDelete
  32. There are a lot of steps that you can take to live the life of a disciple. One step is going to Church on Sunday to keep it holy. If you live and follow the Beatitudes you will be living a life as a disciple. You should pray in the morning, afternoon, and at night to keep in touch with God.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can go to Mass every Sunday because sometimes I do not see Church as a priority and go to sports or hang out with friends instead. A disciple is also a follower as a teacher. So I could listen and talk to Jesus everyday instead of ignoring him and playing on my phone. I should also go over friends houses and say the Gospel or even pick them up if they can not get a ride to Church.
    Instead of not paying attention in Church I can listen and take things to heart. Lastly I could even take my whole family and to Church it is the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  34. One of the steps I can take is to act more like Jesus would and do as he asked when he was out preforming His ministry. I could also pray more and listen to God when he speaks to me through others and my environment.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Steps I can take to live my life as a disciple of Jesus is to go to Mass every Sunday. Also, I can be kind, sharing, generous, and forgiving like Jesus was. I will always follow and love Jesus. I can pray to Jesus and talk to him daily when praying at school or at home.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Being a good disciple requires being able to be kind to others, even those people you do not know. Random acts of kindness upon friends and family members would be one way. In my opinion, these things must be carried out often to live the life of a disciple. This also includes doing what Jesus would do.

    ReplyDelete
  37. One step I can take to live the life of a disciple is by delivering Gods message. As a disciple we must spread the word of God and encourage others to do the same. Another step I can take is to start being more forgiving. Jesus forgave everyone unconditionally so we should do just the same. If we are a true follower of Jesus then we would try our best to be just like him.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Some steps I can do to live as a disciple is I can tell people how great God is. I could also tell people how much God loves us and cares for us. I could tell them that he will forgive your sins. Lastly I think I could go to church every Sunday to be disciple.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The practical steps I can take to live the life of a disciple is being faithful to God and spreading the good news. I can tell people what God has done for all of us. Lastly I could help others in need and spend time with others in need. I would do these things because Jesus would do the same and would want everyone to follow in my footsteps to becoming a better follow of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I could pray more often. I also could go to mass every Sunday and on Holy Days. I also need to believe and have faith in Jesus that He will guide and help me through all my good and bad times. I do also need to start being more kind to those I do not necessarily like or talk to. Also I need to start helping people see the way of Christ. These are some steps to live life like a disciple.

    ReplyDelete