Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The people of Nazareth could not accept the way Jesus talked about himself and his ministry. Why do you think the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words?

47 comments:

  1. I think that the people of Nazareth reject and His words because they did not have faith in him. I believe they thought that Jesus might not have been the Messiah or that he could do everything h says he can. The people of Nazareth were expecting more, like a warrior or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that people of Nazareth did not accept Jesus and His words because they did not believe that he was the Messiah. Also they may have thought that Jesus was making all the stories and parables up and he was not God's son. Another reason why they may have rejected him is because they did not believe that when they died that they would live eternal life with God. Plus this was before Jesus did miracles for all to believe. This is why I think people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I belive that the people of Nazerath rejected Jesus and His words because they did not want to belive that He was the Messiah. They did not believe that he was the Son of God. This is why they did not respect Jesus. They did not care to listen to His words and teachings. I believe that if those people knew all that Jesus had done and knew as much as we do today they would be able to better understand Christ. I truly feel that this would allow the people of Nazerath to have faith in Christ just like I do today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that people rejected Jesus because they did not have faith in him. everyone should have faith in Jesus because if something is not going your way it might turn out okay if we have faith in Jesus. This is because Jesus has a plan for each on of us. The people also did not trust Jesus. We should trust Jesus so that he can guide us down the right path so we could eventually get to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus' words because they did not truly believe. They probably did not think that He was the true Messiah and they also probably did not think that one person could rule over the world. Furthermore, the people wouldn't dedicate all of their time to Jesus and truly love Him. Clearly, everyone doesn't love Jesus, but Jesus loves everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There can be many reasons why the people rejected Jesus' words. One way is that they didn't believe in him and didn't have faith only if he performed a miracle on them or on somebody that they knew. Another reason is maybe they had a belief in more than one God. They thought that God was just another person when really He is the creator of earth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words because they did not understand them, and did not truly believe in the Messiah. If they did believe His words or actions, they would have understood them and followed Jesus. However, the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and what He was trying to proclaim to them. The people of Nazareth also could have been afraid or did not want to believe what He was saying. We should not reject Jesus like the people of Nazareth did. Instead, we should have faith in Jesus, and know that we will be safe in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think people rejected his words because it might have sound like fake and couldn't believe it. Like if Jesus told them that he made a person to see again but no body seen it. It is kind of like believing in Jesus' miracles but not seeing them so some people not believe it unless they see it. You should always believe even if we don't see something just like Jesus' miracles. I also think they didn't have much faith in Jesus and his miracles. Clearly, these are the reasons I think people rejected Jesus' miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe the people of Nazareth could not accept Jesus and His word because they were probably startled at first. They were probably wondering why he was talking and proclaiming about himself. They were not use to it but they might of learn and accepted it. They soon had to allow he to do what he wanted to do because he is Jesus. This is what why I believe the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and his word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus because they did not believe Him. When they thought of a savior, they thought of someone to save them on Earth. Jesus saved them from sin and opened the gates to heaven where everyone is welcome. In conclusion, the people did not believe in Jesus because they thought of a different kind of savior than what Jesus was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they rejected his words because they maybe were scared. Maybe they were told different stories and told about different Saviors. Maybe they didn't want to believe in what Jesus was saying because they could have been really scared to believe in what he was saying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words because they did not believe that he was the real Savior of the world. They did not have faith in Him and they did not believe that he was the Messiah Himself. They thought that he was just pretending and they thought he was a fake. This is why they rejected Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the people just believed he was a every day prophet with some extra information. They felt that if he was truly the Messiah he should do miracles and works for them. They did not understand that Jesus did not want to do miracles for no reason and people with little faith, but to help the people who needed him with great faith. It is very sad that Jesus was expected to prove himself in these ways because people did not truly believe his stories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They rejected Jesus and his words because they thought Jesus was lying. They probably did not want to agree with Jesus because he was not rich and most kings are. They probably thought he was not good enough to be king since he was poor. They judegd him because of how he looked.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the reason why the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and his word was because they didn't believe. The people of Nazareth didn't understand how Jesus was the holy one so they rejected him. They rejected Jesus because they were confused and thought Jesus was lying. The people didn't understand or get Jesus' words.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The people of Nazareth didn't accept Jesus probably because he didn't seem like what they expected. They expected a great leader and warrior. They probably didn't believe him. It was offensive to them because in their opinion he was this normal guy saying he's the son of God. However, he was telling the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They wanted him to perform miracles to prove who he thought he was. They did not have the faith to just believe him. Maybe because they knew him all his life and now he was saying he is the son of God. They had heard stories of miracles he had performed and they wanted him to prove it to them

    ReplyDelete
  18. The people of Nazareth rejected Jesus because they thought that Jesus was always talking about himself and his ministry and not talking about others. They thought that Jesus always mentioned some of his parables and miracles that he has performed and the people of Nazareth did not think that his parables and miracles were not that important.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The people rejected Jesus and His words because they did not believe that he was God's son. The people thought Jesus just wanted to take over the king. They also did not accept Jesus because the people thought he would be a leader in war not religion. Lastly they did not accept Jesus because he worked on the Sabbath and they did not believe he would die to save them from sin and death.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel like the people of Nazareth had a hard time believing in Jesus so they rejected Him and His words. Seeing a man and hearing about miracles that He has done can be hard for people to believe, especially if the miracles sound unrealistic and unbelievable. The people of Nazareth didn't seem to have a strong faith and they had trouble realizing that what Jesus was doing and saying was real.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I believe they rejected his teachings because they were always taught what the religious leaders at the time believed witch greatly differed from Jesus' teachings. I feel they also may have done it out of fear, because it's humane nature to fear the unknown so when presented with religious conflicts the people held on to the beliefs they grew up knowing to be true. My final reason is that he grew up there so it was very hard for them to believe someone they knew to be the son of a carpenter, an average everyday citizen to be the son of God.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I believe the people didn't have faith in God. Maybe they found it a little odd that Jesus could heal people and that there are 3 people in one God. Only people who truly had faith in God could understand Jesus' miracles and teachings. Some people might have not found the true meaning behind the teachings of Jesus. In some stories there are deeper meanings then what it says on the written word.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think many people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words because He was not the person people were expecting. The prophecies said that the Savior would come and many people thought that a warrior would come to help them fight Rome, but instead Jesus was the opposite of that. He would talk about love and peace and many people probably thought He was a fake.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words because he did not always obey Jewish law. For example, Jesus healed sick and unclean people on the Sabbath. I also think the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words because they did not like the idea that someone could speak so high of himself and say that He was the fulfillment of the prophecy. For instance, He told people that He was the Son of God and the one that was sent to save us all. As Catholics, we believe in what Jesus has told us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I believe the people of Nazareth did not accept Jesus' words because they did not have faith in him. They probably never encountered anyone as special as Jesus and could not understand his teachings. Also, I think the people were afraid they would be punished for following and listening to Jesus. Finally, I believe the people wanted to stay loyal to their rules and did not want to change.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I believe the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and his words because they have never seen anything like Jesus. They were confused when they saw him perform miracles and things like that. They were probably scared of his power because they did not truly know him. The people of Nazareth did not believe that the things Jesus was doing were possible. They might have thought Jesus was going to do something bad to them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the people Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words because the did not believe in Jesus. I think the people of Nazareth did not have faith in Jesus. Jesus is the Messiah and I think the people of Nazareth did no think that. They might have thought that Jesus was lying and not telling the truth. Jesus is the Holy One and is perfect but they might not think that is true.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think that the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words because they did not want to believe that Jesus was the Son of God. The people of Nazareth also rejected Jesus and His words because they did not want to accept that they were sinners. Jesus said, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Their pride was blocking the way from accepting Jesus' teachings. In conclusion, I think that the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words because of their pride and because they did not want to believe that He was the Son of God.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and his words because they were hard to believe and seemed almost impossible. I also believe the people did not have faith and were afraid of the truth. His words seemed to be miracles in which people did not believe in miracles. I think that is why the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and his words.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think that the people of Nazareth could not accept the way Jesus talked about Himself because Nazareth was Jesus' hometown. These people would see Him often and had now known what he was capable of. When He went to preach nobody could understand the way He talked about the Kingdom of God with so much knowledge when they thought he was just a regular, everyday person.
    It can be hard to accept people when you see them with a whole different personality, changing so quickly. The people of Nazareth might have been expecting Jesus to be a lot different than how he appeared. This might have been another reason why they refused to accept Him.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think that the people of Nazareth did not accept the way Jesus talked about himself and his ministry because they did not have faith. They did not understand how someone could just come say that they were the Son of God and teach about the kingdom with what seemed to be no authority. Faith is about believing without seeing. The people of Nazareth were not believing even though they were seeing the Son of God teach in front of them. Although this relates to some of the people of Nazareth it does not relate to all of them. Some of the people still had faith and believed that the Son of God, the Messiah was there to be their savior.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think some people were jealous of Jesus. I also think they thought Jesus was lying about him being a King. They probably thought this because they had no faith in Jesus. I believe the people of Nazareth didn't like Jesus because they thought he was full of himself.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think that the people of Nazareth could not accept the way Jesus talked about himself and his ministry because Jesus was saying that he was the Messiah, but people thought that the Messiah was going to be a great ruler who would help them defeat Rome. Instead Jesus was a peaceful man who didn't want to start a war but was on a mission to forgive the world of all its sin.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The people of Nazareth rejected Jesus because they didn't believe who Jesus was. They didn't believe that Jesus was the son of God or their king. They thought that what he was saying were lies and that he was just a joke. They thought he was false and just trying to become popular.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I believe that the people of Nazareth couldn't accept the way Jesus talked about himself because of fear. I believe that the people were afraid to accept the way Jesus talked because the were scared of the truth that God had became man to test them like a pop quiz. They were scared to find out that God gave all power to man and so they decided to kill Jesus. I know when I don't understand something that I fear it. It is the human way to fear something we don't understand. This is why I think that the people of Nazareth could not accept the way Jesus talked.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Most people back then didn't even know of Jesus. They believed in something completely different. So, when this man, Jesus comes out of nowhere and starts telling people he is the Savior and the Son of God, of course at first most aren't going to believe his words. Today people have faith in God and most likely will not believe in anything else as that is what they believe in, and it was just like that 10, 20 and even 2000 years ago. Sometimes people need convincing to have true faith in something. A lot of people who didn't believe in Jesus ,when witnessing some of this miracles, rejoiced as they knew they had found the Messiah and the Son of God.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think because people did not believe or have faith that he was telling the truth. People did not have trust and faith in Jesus that his words mean something. Also they did not respect God and that Jesus was our Messiah. They didn't know that Jesus came down to save us from sin and death. This is why I think people rejected Jesus and His words.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think they rejected Jesus words because they did not know who he is. Also I think they did not like that he taught that he was the boss of everyone. I also think they did not because they did not like him as a person. The main reason I think that they don't like him because he is God's son and they do not know who he really is as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I believe the people of Nazareth did not accept Jesus words and actions because they were taught that only God could do what Jesus did. Jesus forgave sins and worked all kinds of miracles like healing the sick and bringing back the dead. The people rejected Jesus because they were so amazed by Him that they could not believe that what he said was true.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think they rejected Jesus because they thought He was full of it. They thought He just wanted to make Himself sound important, even though He was important. Also they could have been offended because they were not as good as Jesus. That is why I think the people of Nazareth could not accept the way Jesus talked about Himself and His ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think the people did not accept him maybe because they thought it was odd or silly. Also maybe because there is just this random person that is just saying things that might just not make sense. That is what I thought the people would think.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think the people of Nazareth rejected his words because there was a very small chance that Jesus was really the Son of God. They must have seen people who have pretended to be The Messiah, so they couldn't really determine if he was really The Messiah. Also people maybe did believe but they knew what would happen if He was caught and they found out that those people were believer's.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think the people rejected Jesus because He was not what they expected. They probably rejected his words because they didn't understand. One more reason the people might have rejected Jesus because they didn't have faith in him. One more reason they might have rejected him was because of the things he did. One final reason they rejected him was because of the way he presented himself.

    ReplyDelete

  44. I think the people of Nazareth rejected Jesus and His words because they probably did not believe in His miracles and His teachings. Jesus only performed miracles if the people had faith. Some people did not believe in Him and did not have faith. For the non-believers, they seemed to find a way to change the message in Jesus’ parables. They did not believe that Jesus was the Son of God. Jesus taught many parables to those who were willing to listen and pay attention. For those who believed in Jesus, they spread the news that Jesus came to help people and performed miracles to save them.

    ReplyDelete
  45. People of Nazareth might have rejected Jesus because of the actions her preformed. Another reason Jesus may have been rejected was because of the clothes he wore. Some of his words may have been rejected because the way he spoke was a but confusing to the people of Nazareth. Jesus also was not born king so maybe the people of Nazareth thought he was pretending to be the son of God. One final reason Jesus may have been rejected was because of his attitude towards God and how strong it was.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I think the people rejected this because Jesus was just a regular person. The people expected a rich man or a king. They wanted a savior who would rule and lead them but that's not what God intended. They also rejected Jesus because some of the things He proclaimed were considered wrong. For instance Jesus forgave others who were outcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I think this is because they expected him to be a powerful king. They also thought that he would save them from the Roman Empire. Instead, Jesus came not to be served, but to serve God and others. People didn't understand what His mission was or why He taught the Word of God.

    ReplyDelete